5/18/2009

Bon Jovi is awesome

We were driving home from New York yesterday when Sam and I passed a car with a license plate that read BON JVI. “Do you think that’s Bon Jovi’s car?” asked Sam. “No,” I said. “He wouldn’t put his name on a vanity plate. That would be weird.” “I don’t know,” Sam replied. “I have a client named Rottman, and he has a license plate that says ROTTMAN.” Then I started explaining that typically, vanity plates involve a personal passion, occupation, or even a nickname. Sam’s response was to list everyone he knew with a vanity plate. After a couple of minutes of this I realized I hadn’t led off with my best argument, which was that it was pretty unlikely that Jon Bon Jovi would be driving a battered Ford Focus with an extension ladder tied to the roof.

No comments: