6/25/2009

Tarantinoberg

QUENTIN Tarantino’s new war movie, the strangely spelled “Inglourious Basterds,” is shaping up to be the blood-spattered antidote for anyone who’s depressed by the recent torrent of Holocaust movies - it’s one big slaughterfest in which hundreds of Nazis are gleefully executed in the most gruesome ways possible.

An insider said: “The Nazis really get their comeuppance. It’s a big change from all the downbeat Holocaust films over the holidays,” referring to “The Reader,” “Valkyrie,” and “The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.”

-NY Post
YAY!!! I am just SO sick of these down beat Holocaust films. What a bummer. I still want to see a Holocaust film, just not one that is depressing. Hollywood has heard my cries.

I know all my ancestors who perished in WW2 are thrilled that a filmmaker is finally stepping up and showing the Nazi's who's boss - and i'm sure they're equally thrilled it's the guy who made From Dusk Til Dawn.

No comments: